Monday 29 February 2016

The true path is chosen by our ability to love it, not to suffer for it.


"I am willing to give up everything", said the prince to the master. "Please accept me as your disciple."
"How does a man choose his path?" asked the master. 
"Through sacrifice," answered the prince. "A path which demands sacrifice, is a true path." 
The master bumped into some shelves. A precious vase fell, and the prince threw himself down in order to grab hold of it. He fell badly and broke his arm, but managed to save the vase. 
"Which is the greater sacrifice: to watch the vase smash, or break one's arm in order to save it?" asked the master.
"I do not know," said the prince. 
"Then how can you guide your choice for sacrifice? The true path is chosen by our ability to love it, not to suffer for it.

 
 
I was proud of my lawn but I too was plagued with dandelions that I kept fighting with every means in my power. So learning to love them was no easy task.
I began by talking to them each day. Cordial. Friendly. They maintained a sullen silence. They were smarting from the war I had waged against them—and were suspicious of my motives.
But the day came when they smiled. And relaxed.
And we started to be friends. My lawn, of course, was ruined. But how attractive my garden became!

 
I knew he was becoming blind by degrees. And he fought it with every means in his power. When medicine gave out, he fought it with his emotions. It took courage to say, “I suggest you learn to love your blindness.”
At first he would have nothing to do with it. And when he eventually brought himself to speak to his blindness his words were bitter. But he kept on speaking till the bitterness became resignation and tolerance and acceptance and, one day, much to his own surprise, friendliness... and love.
Then came the day when he was able to put his arm around his blindness and say, “I love you.” That was the day I saw him smile again.
His vision, of course, was lost forever. But how attractive his face became!
 
 
And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.

https://www.youcaring.com/PetesPlaceSchoolofCateringhospitality

@PetesPlace we understand that as we live each moment:
You develop and discover a great self-worth by doing  something for others – not to ourselves!  

http://schoolofcateringandhospitality.blogspot.in/


No comments:

Post a Comment