Saturday 27 February 2016

Do I need 'Certified Specialits' to live?


A dialogue from the gospels:

“And you,” said Jesus, “Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Son of the Living God.”
Then Jesus said, “Simon, son of Jonah, you are favoured indeed.’ You did not learn that from mortal man: my Father revealed it to you.”

A dialogue from life:

Jesus: And you, who do you say I am?
Christian: You are the Son of the living God.
Jesus: Right. But how unfortunate you are that you learnt this only from mortal man. It has not yet been revealed to you by my Father.
Christian: True, Lord. I feel cheated. Somebody gave me the answers before your Father could speak. I marvel at your wisdom that you said nothing to Simon yourself, till your Father had spoken first.
I went to the office and they told me: To learn to pray I need a Spiritual Director; to find God’s will for me I consult an Expert in Discernment; to understand the Bible I consult a Scripture Scholar; to know if I have sinned or not I need the Moral Theologian; and to have my sins forgiven I kneel before the Priest.

The message alert buzzed, I pressed the 'open' button, and read.
A dead man suddenly came to life and began to pound on the lid of the coffin. The lid was raised; the man sat up. “What are you doing?” he said to the assembled crowd, “I am not dead.” His words were met with silent disbelief. One of the mourners finally said, “Friend, the doctors and the priests have certified that you are dead. So dead you are.”

And he was duly buried. So was I

Be willing to be a beginner every single morning. And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.



@PetesPlace we understand that as we live each moment:
You develop and discover a great self-worth by doing  something for others – not to ourselves!  



No comments:

Post a Comment