Sunday 7 February 2016

Small Change, Bigl Wonders.

As related to me by a friend
The security guy at the Visa office in Bangalore (vfs) told me that bags with laptop are not allowed inside, he said there is a locker room in front, keep it there.
I went to the locker room and for some reason it was too crowded, it was already 2.45 pm and the entry counter closed at 3. I saw this little girl sitting on the bench just outside with a bag; I asked her if she could look after my bag while I go in, submit my passport and come back. She said no at first but then asked how much time will it take, to which I replied in an old fashioned way '5-10 minutes hardly'.

It took me around 25 odd minutes inside, and when I came back an old 30-something guy was sitting on that bench with his arm around my laptop bag. 

I slowly held the bag and pulled it to the right side of the bench, opened the bag and put my Journal inside.

I heard him asking someone who was behind me "same guy?" 
I turned around and it was the same little girl nodding in a yes. He said that he was inside when I asked that girl to guard my bag, his work got over around 20 minutes back and wanted to leave, but the girl said "I would like to complete the responsibility I have undertaken" and insisted that he stay till I got out.

I had my office laptop, identities and valuables inside that bag, I was fascinated by the commitment of that little girl, the morals her parents must have taught her, and the helpfulness, and the kind nature.

Small change, small wonders - these are the currency of my endurance and ultimately of my life.

Thank you for stopping by to read and share your thoughts. I sincerely hope that this story has helped enlighten you in some small way. If it did, would you contribute $1 to lighten someone else's life? to change a childs future? If , you are unable to contribute financially, you could help share this with your friends and associates. Thank you in advance.

You can contribute thru' 

No comments:

Post a Comment