Wednesday 27 January 2016

Why not concentrate on the now, instead of hoping for better times in the future?

Somebody came up to me with a question. What do you think the question was? He asked me, "Are you enlightened?" What do you think my answer was? What does it matter!

You want a better answer? My answer would be: "How would I know? How would you know? What does it matter?" You know something? If you want anything too badly, you're in big trouble. You know something else? If I were enlightened and you listened to me because I was enlightened, then you're in big trouble. Are you ready to be brainwashed by someone who's enlightened? You can be brainwashed by anybody, you know. What does it matter whether someone's enlightened or not? But see, we want to lean on someone, don't we? We want to lean on anybody we think has arrived. We love to hear that people have arrived. It gives us hope, doesn't it? What do you want to hope for? Isn't that another form of desire?

You want to hope for something better than what you have right now, don't you?
Otherwise you wouldn't be hoping. But then, you forget that you have it all right now anyway, and you don't know it. Why not concentrate on the now instead of hoping for better times in the future? Why not understand the now instead of forgetting it and hoping for the future? Isn't the future just another trap?

One Minute Wisdom
To a disciple who was always at his prayers the Master said, "When will you stop leaning on God and stand on your own two feet?" The disciple was astonished. "But you are the one who taught us to look on God as Father!"
"When will you learn that a father isn't someone you can lean on but someone who rids you of your tendency to lean?

At PetesPlace, we have begun regular classes as scheduled from the 18th Jan 2016. I want to thank you all for the tremendous support and encouragement you  have been over the past 3 months while I was working to get this project on track. We have got five students within the first couple of weeks of opening admissions/registrations and hopefully we should have more signing up before the end of the month. I still need your financial assistance for the audio/visual equipment required for our class room presentations. My estimate is that if each of my 500+ IBO friends contribute just $2 it will help me with the target amount required to add to our teaching aids.  I will be much obliged if you could help and share this with your friends and associates. Thank you in advance. You can contribute thru' our
https://www.ketto.org/PetesPlace

https://www.youcaring.com/PetesPlaceSchoolofCateringhospitality

or simply thru' your Paypal A/c to: mercutio.peters@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment