Friday 22 January 2016

I Am Blessed to Be A Blessing

Placard_of_Thanksgiving_IMG_3127


Abel Travis was on his way to the Holy Land when one night he dreamed that he was in heaven and heard two angels having a conversation that went something like this.
“Do you know How many pilgrims came to the holy land this year?” one of them asked.
“ I think about Six hundred thousand,” answered the other.
“And how many of them, do you think, had their pilgrimage accepted?”
“Unfortunately, None of them. However, in a small town in India there is a shoe-repairer called Abraham who could not make the pilgrimage, but yet had his pilgrimage accepted, and his graces have benefited all the 600,000 pilgrims.”
When he woke up, Abel Travis went to Abraham’s shoe shop and narrated to him his dream.
“At great cost and after a lot of sacrifice, I finally managed to get 300,000 Rupees together,” the shoe-repairer said in distress. “But then, on the day I was ready to leave for the Holy Land I came to know that my neighbors were hungry, without food for the last few days so I distributed the money among them and gave up my pilgrimage.”
******
One day Nasrudin saw a crowd gathered around a pond. A priest with a huge turban on his head had fallen in the water and was calling for help. 

People were leaning over and saying, "Give me your hand Reverend! Give me your hand!" But the priest didn't pay attention to their offer to rescue him; he kept thrashing about in the water and shouting for help.

Finally Nasrudin stepped forward: "Let me handle this." He stretched out his hand toward the priest and shouted , "Take my hand!"

The priest grabbed Nasrudin's hand and was hoisted out of the pond. People, very surprised, asked Nasrudin for the secret of his strategy.

"It is very simple," he replied. "I know this miser wouldn't give anything to anyone. So instead of saying 'Give me your hand,' I said, 'take my hand,' and sure enough he took it."

Anybody, lend me a hand?
Thank you for stopping by to read and comment on this post. If you find it in your heart to assist me with this Project, please follow the link below and Donate to change a child’s future. No amount is too small, everything helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment