Tuesday 26 January 2016

The Strength to Change

James was now an old man looking back on his life. He sat with his friends in the small tea shop telling his story. "When I was young I was firey - I wanted to awaken everyone. I prayed to God to give me the strength to change the world. To make it a better place!

In mid-life I awoke one day and realized my life was half over and I had not so much as changed one soul. So I prayed more earnestly, this time to give me the strength to change at least the ones closest to me, my family, loved ones,near and dear, who needed it so much.

Looking back, now I am old and my prayer is a lot simpler. "O Lord," I ask, "please give me the strength to at least change myself."
 
 
Visitors to Venice - Rome,  ask the friendly boatman the reason he painted one oar "prayer" and the other oar "work".
So he takes hold of the oar "prayer" and pulls on it 'You see' he explains 'when I use only prayer the boat spins around in a circle and makes no progress'. Then he takes hold of the second oar "work" pulls on that "The same result" he remarks.
Finally he takes one oar in each hand and goes into a steady pull."Prayer and work must pull together" he concludes with a smile.
*PS. excerpts form an old scrap book I keep to motivate myself* 

At PetesPlace, we have begun regular classes as scheduled from the 18th Jan 2016. I want to thank you all for the tremendous support and encouragement you have been over the past 3 months while I was working to get this project on track. We have got five students within the first couple of weeks of opening admissions/registrations and hopefully we should have more signing up before the end of the month. I still need your financial assistance for the audio/visual equipment required for our class room presentations. My estimate is that if each of my 500+ IBO friends contribute just $2 it will help me with the target amount required to add to our teaching aids.  I will be much obliged if you could help and share this with your friends and associates. Thank you in advance. You can contribute thru' our

https://www.ketto.org/PetesPlace

https://www.youcaring.com/PetesPlaceSchoolofCateringhospitality

or simply thru' your Paypal A/c to: mercutio.peters@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment