Sunday 24 January 2016

“We’re all just walking each other home.” –Ram Dass


house
 
“We’re all just walking each other home.” Ram Dass
 
 
What I like about this saying is how it suggests we’re on a journey together towards warmth and safety and that we have a mutual obligation to help each other get there.
 
Don’t get me wrong – I can admire rugged individualism and I think our individual efforts are very important but I also believe that “no man is an island, entire unto himself.”
 
We are social creatures and have a mutual responsibility to help one another along the way. It’s also, in general, much more fun to travel with others than to be alone on the road.
 
I take this opportunity to thank all those people who have helped to bring me safely to this place and time. I hope and pray that I will continue to have your assistance as I continue on the trail and I ask God to help me be generous in helping others get along.
 
 I’ll see you at home.
 
My bet is that God isn’t going to ask us, “Have you been saved?” but “Have you been spent? And if so, on what?” 
Thank you for stopping by to read and comment on this post. If you find it in your heart to assist me with this Project, please follow the link below and Donate to change a child’s future. No amount is too small, everything helps.
http://ddemitrius.wix.com/petesplace



 For more Life Lessons visit http://schoolofcateringandhospitality.blogspot.in/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment