Thursday 21 January 2016

If through a spirit the flesh is born it is a marvel, but if through the body the spirit is born it a marvel of marvels

The young man came to the guru and requested permission to stay with him. The guru agreed, but did nothing else. No teaching, preaching or practice was taught. The young man stayed and began to imitate the guru. He discarded his city clothes and began to wear only white, loose fitting garments. He dropped all non-vegetarian food from his diet and ate only vegetarian food. He discarded the luxury of a bed and, like the guru, slept on a mat on the floor.
Meanwhile the guru began to notice the changes in the young man's behavior. One day after his meditation, the guru called the disciple and pointing to an donkey grazing on the hill side said: Do you see the donkey? Yes said the young man. 'As you can see its white', said the guru 'It eats grass and it also sleeps in the barn on the floor'
Copy shamelessley  - they said to me during my corporate training ten years ago! little did I know how wrong they (and I) were.
If through a spirit the flesh is born it is a marvel, but if through the body the spirit is born it a marvel of marvels. Yet I wonder how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty!. - Gospel of Thomas
We never acknowlege the friendship of the one who lives within the same body. The one who has my face but not my fears. Who has my shape but not my desires. The one who has my memory but not my worry, the one who has my identity but not my confusion.
The one who walks silently by my side, resides within, watches everything I do and even in the worst moments of my pain and distress remains calm and peaceful. This is the one I urge you to see, if not during your life, then atleast at the hour of your death. Because no matter how long you live you will be dead much longer. Recognize him and your world will never be the same again. Recognize him now - before it is too late.
I took my stand in the midst of the world and in flesh I appeared to them. I found them all drunk, and I did'nt find any of them thirsty. My soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their hearts and cannot see. For they came into the world empty and they seek to depart from the world empty. Meanwhile they are drunk, when they shake off their wine they will change their ways. - Gospel of Thomas

My bet is that God isn’t going to ask us, “Have you been saved?” but “Have you been spent? And if so, on what?” 
Thank you for stopping by to read and comment on this post. If you find it in your heart to assist me with this Project, please follow the link below and Donate to change a child’s future. No amount is too small, everything helps.




No comments:

Post a Comment