Thursday 14 April 2016

Take my Hand - (Don't) Give me your Hand!

Take my Hand


One day Mulla Nasrudin saw a crowd gathered around a pond. A Moslem priest with a huge turban on his head had fallen in the water and was calling for help.


People were leaning over and saying, "Give me your hand Sir! Give me your hand!" But the priest didn't pay attention to their offer to rescue him; he kept wrestling with the water and shouting for help.


Finally Mulla Nasrudin stepped forward: "Let me handle this." He stretched out his hand toward the priest and shouted at him, "Take my hand!"


The priest grabbed Mulla's hand and was hoisted out of the pond. People, very surprised, asked Mulla for the secret of his strategy.


"It is very simple," he replied. "I know this miser wouldn't give anything to anyone. So instead of saying 'Give me your hand,' I said, 'take my hand,' and sure enough he took it." 
 
*****
 
Mula came upon a frowning man walking along the road to town. "What's wrong?" he asked. 

The man held up a tattered bag and moaned, "All that I own in this wide world barely fills this miserable, wretched sack." 

"Too bad," said Mula, and with that, he snatched the bag from the man's hands and ran down the road with it. Having lost everything, the man burst into tears and, more miserable than before, continued walking. 

Meanwhile, Mula quickly ran around the bend and placed the man's sack in the middle of the road where he would have to come upon it. When the man saw his bag sitting in the road before him, he laughed with joy, and shouted, "My sack! I thought I'd lost you!" 

Watching through the bushes, Mula chuckled. "Well, that's one way to make someone happy!"

 
At PetesPlace, Where Education is for Living and for Making a Living, we are committed to bringing change into the lives of children, giving them Education for Living and for Making a Living. Skill sets to help bring about a socio-economic change in their lives.
 
The previous batch successfully completed with 100% placement. The Next batch commenced the first week of April.
 
 
If you like to lend a helping hand, follow the link below to make a donation - You can do something, I can do something. Together we can do great things!

https://www.youcaring.com/PetesPlaceSchoolofCateringhospitality


#Mullah #Crowd #Stretched #Miserable #Wretched #Frowned #PetesPlace #School of Catering #Hospitality #Successfully Completed #YouCaring #CrowdFunding 

No comments:

Post a Comment