Sunday 3 April 2016

He who laughs last, laughs best!

"Why do you live in the desert?"

"Because I can't be what I want to be. When I begin to be myself, people treat me with a reverence that's false. When I am true to my faith, then they begin to doubt. They all believe they are holier than I, but they pretend they are sinners, afraid to insult my solitude. They try all the time to show that they consider me a saint, and in this way they become emissaries of the devil, tempting me with Pride."

"Your problem isn't trying to be who you are, but accepting others the way they are. And acting in this way, it's better to stay in the desert," said the gentleman, walking off.

I have been considered a misfit since my childhood. No one seemed to understand me. My own father once said to me, “You are not crazy enough to be put in a madhouse, and not withdrawn enough to be put in a monastery. What shall I do with you?”
I replied, “A duck’s egg was put under a hen. When the egg hatched the duckling walked with the hen to the edge of a pool and went straight into the water. The poor hen stayed anxiously clucking on land. Now, dear father, I have walked into the Ocean and find in it my home. Am I to blame if you choose to stay on shore?”

He who laughs last, laughs best!

Disciple: I have come to you with nothing in my hands.
Master: Drop it at once!
Disciple: But how can I drop it? It is nothing.
Master: Then carry it around with you!
Your nothing can be your most valued possession.

At PetesPlace, Where Education is for Living and for Making a Living, we are committed to bringing change into the lives of children, giving them Education for Living and for Making a Living. Skill sets to help bring about a socio-economic change in their lives.
The previous batch successfully completed with 100% placement. The Next batch commences the first week of April.


If you like to lend a helping hand, follow the link below to make a donation - You can do something, I can do something. Together we can do great things!

https://www.youcaring.com/PetesPlaceSchoolofCateringhospitality

#Desert #Solitude #Sinners #Accepting others #Insult #Fear and Faith #Misfit #Childhood #Madhouse #Monastery #PetesPlace #School of Catering #Hospitality #Education for Living and Making a Living

No comments:

Post a Comment