Friday 1 April 2016

Don’t just listen to my words. Listen to the silence.


Everything said about God is false.”
The disciples knew what was coming next.
The master continued, “Words are only a distortion of a reality that can never be comprehended by reason.”
Frustrated, the disciples asked him what they should do.
“Just be in silence.”
A young disciple ventured, “Why do you keep on talking then?”
The master smiled. “Ah, but you have not understood.  Don’t just listen to my words. Listen to the silence.”

The story goes that one of the world’s ablest theologians, Thomas Aquinas suddenly stopped writing. When his secretary complained about his unfinished works, Thomas replied: ‘Brother Reginald, some months ago I experienced something of the Absolute, so all I have ever written of God seems to me now to be like straw.’
How could it be otherwise when the scholar becomes a seer?
When the mystic came down from the mountain he was accosted by the atheist who said, sarcastically, “What did you bring us from that garden of delights you were in?”
The mystic replied, “I had every intention of filling my skirt with flowers and giving them to my friends on my return. But while I was there I became so intoxicated with the fragrance of the garden that I let go of the skirt.”
The Zen Masters put it succinctly: “The one who knows, does not say. The one who says, does not know.”

At PetesPlace, Where Education is for Living and for Making a Living, we are committed to bringing change into the lives of children, giving them Education for Living and for Making a Living. Skill sets to help bring about a socio-economic change in their lives.
The previous batch successfully completed with 100% placement. The Next batch commences the first week of April.
Donate and help us build a better future for our children.
 

If you like to lend a helping hand, follow the link below to make a donation - You can do something, I can do something. Together we can do great things!

https://www.youcaring.com/PetesPlaceSchoolofCateringhospitality

#Frustrated #God #Silence #Comprehend #Theologians #Thomas Aquinas #Absolute #fragrance of the garden #succinctly PetesPlace #School of Catering #Hospitality

No comments:

Post a Comment