Sunday 6 March 2016

I am being instructed in the 'Art of Dying'!

 
When her brother was born, Sachi Gabriel begged her parents to leave her alone with the baby. They refused, fearing that, as with many four-year-olds, she was jealous and wanted to mistreat him.

But Sachi showed no signs of jealousy. And since she was always extremely affectionate towards her little brother, her parents decided to carry out an experiment.

They left Sachi alone with their new-born baby, but kept the bedroom door ajar so that they could watch what she did.

Delighted to have her wish granted, little Sachi tiptoed over to the cradle, leaned over the baby and said:

"Little brother, tell me what God is like. I'm beginning to forget." 
 
*****
 
When I realized that I was loosing my childlike curiosity and zest for life I voluntarily retired from my job and struck it out on my own into the Internet/Affiliate Marketing world. My prayer then and now : "Lord, let the last years be the best years of my life". and to date I have'nt been disappointed. A year down the line, a 'chance' opportunity to teach school drop-outs and underprivileged students Life Skills came by and I grabbed it with both hands, but with a lot of apprehension as I had'nt done something like this before! I decided to invest myself and was amazed at the results!! Along the way He taught me to count my losses as investments and my failures as opportunities. Believe you me, I have regained my child-like curiosity along with the joy of living/giving. I have seen and read many men and verse' on the art of living, but am being instructed in the 'art of dying'!
 
My bet is that God isn’t going to ask us, “Have you been saved?” but “Have you been spent? And if so, on what?” 
 
Be willing to be a beginner every single morning. And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.

Jessica's Testimony https://youtu.be/jutDWsm60lw

https://www.youcaring.com/PetesPlaceSchoolofCateringhospitality

@PetesPlace we do all the good we can. By all the means we can. In all the ways we can. At all the times we can. To all the people we can. And will continue to do so as long as ever we can.
You develop and discover a great self-worth by doing  something for others – not to ourselves!  

http://schoolofcateringandhospitality.blogspot.in/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment